Monday, August 09, 2010

Weekend knitting, reading and more

On Friday night I was able to finish knitting another test shawl for the lovely Kirsten Kapur. After some blocking, it was ready for a photoshoot on Saturday afternoon - don't you just love it?!

Roma Detail

and here's me...modeling it as a scarf...

Roma 1

In between projects I've been working on the lace shawl for Alyssa...again, it's super top secret so I can't share more info/photos right now...sorry

I also (finally) started reading the Wally Lamb book, "The Hour I First Believed" on Saturday. He's been one of my favorite author's since "She's Come Undone" was published in 1996. I'm still in the early chapters, but the book is beautifully written, as always.

We also went to the Children's Day evening parade and concert in Mt Tabor with Yarny Old Kim and some friends of ours. The kids got more candy than we know what to do with - and Ramona showed off her mad dancing skills at the concert (the band played 60s/70s Dead-style music). I'll post some photos/video once I get them off the camera - too funny!

Yesterday was more mellow (at last!) and ended with a solo visit with my parents and grandma.

The Punk comes back from his fishing vacation tomorrow (at last!) and will be home with us for the rest of the summer (i think). It's so weird to have him away for so long - he's probably grown another inch!

Well, that's it for now - happy knitting everyone!

Today's contest entry question (easy peesy): What are you crafting/knitting these days?

4 comments:

margene said...

The colors you used show of the pattern design beautifully! Nice work! Kirsten's designs are always fun to knit and nicely done. I'm working on Hamamalis (slowly).
Thank you for sharing your project!

Anonymous said...

Those colors look great together!

I'm currently working on knitting up a version of my maple-leaf sweater for a colleague, while I write the pattern. (ha, I'm totally comment-bombing your blog at the moment and I swear that every single comment mentions the darned maple leaf sweater. I'm a bit obsessed with it right now, I suppose!)

Anonymous said...

Those colors look great together!

I'm currently working on knitting up a version of my maple-leaf sweater for a colleague, while I write the pattern. (ha, I'm totally comment-bombing your blog at the moment and I swear that every single comment mentions the darned maple leaf sweater. I'm a bit obsessed with it right now, I suppose!)

Anonymous said...

I'm working on the baby blanket for my co-worker and some socks for Purl. Oh, and the ongoing crochet blanket but I have a long term deadline for that one so I'm not rushing. It's not really gonna get cold around here till November anyway.

-Stacey