Thursday, April 10, 2008

Bobbles are evil - and other updates!

I'm STILL, yes still, working on the "textured pullover" from the Fall (??) issue of Vogue Knitting that I started way back in October. I think the first three stitch sections went rather quickly - if memory serves - but the top "bobble" section is what killed me and made me put the sweater in a time out!!!

I decided to try and finish all projects that I have outstanding before I start anything new - I know, a bummer - and so I took it off the shelves about two weeks ago. It took a while to find where I had left off - and then I got to a dreaded bobble row - and then another, and another. Over the weekend I finished the front and last night I finished putting in the neck ribbing - it looks pretty good and fits almost perfectly. But now...the sleeves...and more bobbles! The other problem with the bobbles - besides the pattern of how they are written and how achy that pattern makes your wrists after purling 5 tight stitches - is that the bobbles on the back of the sweater became inverted - not the front ones (what did i learn in the process of the back?!?!?). I've been slowly stitching loops/knots into the back of each of the bobbles to MAKE THEM stay on the right side of the sweater - which is a pain because I have about 50 bobbles and want to guarantee they all obey the law of physics when the sweater is ready for presentation.

In order to give my brain and wrists a small break I am finishing the second Bartholomew sock - and still really love the pattern. I haven't gotten to the short rows - which was the "tight"part so I'm still smiling for the moment.

After that I've got to finish the second Somewhat Cowl with my home-dyed yarn and then I can start something COMPLETELY NEW!!! So many items in my Ravelry queue - what will I work on next?!?!

No comments: