Monday, August 20, 2007

Patterns and new projects

I've begun writing out the pattern for Casey's sweater - which I'm naming "hidden hearts". My hope is to have the pattern published - but it's requiring a lot more from me than I originally expected - numbers, gauging, etc. - not really a bad thing - just time consuming.

Here's a preview:
Close up of "hidden heart" on back of sweater:


I started Interweave Knits "Bryant Slipover" on the train this morning. Again, I'm converting it into the round because (like you) I hate sewing seams. I'm using a slightly heavier weight than the pattern called for but I think it's going to have a nice shape and ease to it when i'm done. I chose Jaeger's Roma in Hollyhock and Leaf (MC). Here's a glimpse so far:




I love the colors together - having some "cute" color combinations in your wardrobe that can be worn all year round (if needed) is so cheery!

My order from kyarns.com came on Friday and luckily (whew) the Oh My! was the same dye lot as the ones I bought from them in July.

I'm hoping my yarn.com order comes today - would be an ideal pick me up from the overcast and rainy weather we've had.

No comments: