Friday, September 18, 2009

Rodeo Round-Up

Well folks there's been a lot going on at choo choo knits so I'm wrasselin' up a run-down for y'all!

I've been test knitting some patterns for Stefanie Japel (Glampyre) over the past month or so. The first two were children's patterns using Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted...let me just say, this yarn is absolutely delicious...seriously, get me a scoop, stick it on a cone, and I want to eat it! And did I mention its MACHINE WASHABLE??? Such a plus when it comes to knitting for kids. I believe the pattern is off at the tech editor for finally approval and should be available in the coming week or two. I'll also be test knitting an adult version of a child's sweater (no info yet) so stay tuned for more info!

I am also sample knitting Seneca from the new Jared Flood booklet using Classic Elite's Lush (50% Angora / 50% Wool). If your budget doesn't allow angora I'm thinking a great substitute would be the new Vintage Wool from Berroco (which is soft and washable!). This sweater is on the intermediate level so you'll have your challenge with the cabling and yoke section. Stay tuned for final photos.

The "Dora" shawl pattern is coming along great and should be ready by mid-October (the latest). The combination of lace, construction, and design make this the perfect gift knit! I used Frog Tree Alpaca Sportweight for the original but will use some stashed Ultra Alpaca Fine (Berroco) for a secret holiday gift - shhh :o)

Other patterns that will be published soon are "Japel's Wings" (top down raglan combining leave motif and fitted elements using a worsted weight yarn) and "Scarsdale" (a cabled summer sweater with simple elements using a dk weight yarn).

Also in the works...I'm proud to annouce...a NEW WEBSITE! Details coming this fall...stay tuned!

I'm also working on an event for Rhinebeck which is expected to be a unique and exciting (and FUN) project!

Hope all is well with you and your knitting - drop me a line so we can catch-up properly!

Happy Knitting until next time!

3 comments:

juicyknits said...

Wow, very exciting! I'm looking forward to seeing your test knits.

Dora said...

Woo Hoo ! ! ! ! Can't wait to see all the goodies and knit me up some of them great ChooChoo fashions.

Jeannine said...

ooh. A new website? Wowee!