Thursday, October 18, 2007

Where it all stands

So it's been almost two months since my last post - I can't believe it!!!

Here's where the projects stand:

1. Finally finished the Ripples Skirt from Interweave (Spring 07). LOVE LOVE LOVE IT
2. Finished Matthew's "scrap yarn" sweater - and he loves it - which is all that really matters, right?
3. Finished the "Circular" swing/shrug/sweater from Vogue Knitting (Fall 07) - still not sure if I'm keeping or gifting it - looks like a perfect fit for Liz
4. Finished the Bryant's Pullover Vest from Interweave (Fall 07) and have gotten so many nice complements on it - hooray!
5. Made a hat for my nephew, Charlie, during our trip to Kansas City. It's blue and green and way cute on him
6. Currently working on a sweater for Charlie AND Henry (who is my sister's friends son who is 17 months old). Weird connection for a project - but my sister said that Henry is always giving Charlie his hand-me-downs so my sister wanted to give them back something - which will also then come back to her. I guess that all makes sense. Anyway, I was happy to oblige and make something "boyish". I chose the cover "Star" sweater from "Adorable Knits" and I'm on the last arm before putting it together and sewing in the collar. My guess is that it will fit Henry somewhere down the line - maybe next Spring/Summer - so I'll send it to my sister and she can give it as a Christmas present if she wants.

What's next?

Hats, hats and more hats. I've decided to make my bosses kids (5 total - ranging in age from 2 to 11) winter hats as a holiday present (since my bosses are too difficult and expensive to buy for!). I've got some patterns picked out so hopefully they'll be quick projects - yeah, right, I'll find some way to make them difficult I bet.

Anyway, that's it for now. I'm figuring out a more efficient way to post pictures of everything - possibly on shutterfly or maybe even FlickR (although that may be too sophisticated for my laid back approach to blogging these days).

Until next time

No comments: