Wednesday, October 24, 2007

SUE IS AWESOME!

Mucho snaps to my friend Sue for the awesome sock yarn and "pattern a day" desk calendar - Sue...you R-O-C-K!!!

Sue and Patty knit MANY more socks than I do - and they're SO talented they knit using two circulars instead of dpn's like me. One of these days I'm going to have to learn their method because it looks so much easier than me fidgeting with the dpns all the time (plus, my guess is that the ladders disappear more easily). Sue also got a new sock book and we're thinking of having a knit along - they joke that I'll be done before them - but socks are not my strong suit so the joke may be on them!

As far as the pullover goes, i'm well into the second repeat of the 8-row cluster pattern and it's looking just dandy if I do say so myself. For some reason I've been getting easily distracted when I try to count the stitches on the st-st rows so I'm hoping everything is still on the up-and-up. Let's see if I can get a picture of the detail with my camera phone for you...




Also - I just wanted to send a shout-out to all our other fellow train-riders (if you've finally visited) - Lou, Rob, and Allison!

1 comment:

SueKnits4Fun said...

You're distractions might be because we are all talking so much on the commute home!!! That's looking just beautiful.

I'm betting you'll pick up 2x2 quickly and you'll still beat us even with the new process and the new sock architecture.