Monday, October 29, 2007

Mother-in-law saves the day?!?!!?

Just a quickie before I run out of work...

So Ken and I went to see Mama Mia yesterday (b'day gift for me from my parents last month) and we got stuck in "shut down your car you're not going anywhere" traffic as we were nearing the Lincoln Tunnel to come home.

Luckily (or so I thought) I brought along my current knitting project. Not so lucky of me, I forgot the actual paper-pattern for it - and remembered I was beginning a section where there were increases every so often (nearing the bust line). WHAT TO DO - having time to knit AND the project with NO pattern - sheer T-O-R-T-U-R-E!!!

I called my mom-in-law (for all intents and purposes - "Nana") and asked if she could PLEASE read me the pattern - and I walked her through where I needed and she had a good chuckle trying to decipher it for me - but I had read through things earlier so I had an idea of what needed to be done - just not the row numbers to do it on. In the end, I had the numbers and was able to knit for a while - in traffic and later when we were heading up the Henry Hudson to the GWB. Finally, my eyes gave into the lack of day-light and I put it away.

That's my little story for now. Maybe more photos tomorrow!

kc

No comments: