Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Happiness is a Warm Puppy

I grew up reading the Sunday comics. In particular, I grew up loving the Peanuts because my mom was/is a huge Snoopy fan. And let's be honest, what's not to love about Snoopy? I remember we had Peanut's book called Happiness is a Warm Puppy which depicted Snoopy dancing across the pages with quotes reminding us of the simple ways in which a dog makes life great.

Every morning when I wake up the first thing I do is scratch our dog's head. Her name happens to be Peanut - but was not named after the cartoon. Peanut sleeps at my hubby's feet every night. When I come back after a shower the next thing I do is kiss her head. Most of the time she's awake and rolls over for a quick tummy rub. Since she is part husky her fur is thick and soft underneath. She is a beautiful dog and I love sharing that moment in time with her every day. It's just so peaceful.

2 comments:

Elaine said...

Welcome back - I hope your holiday was terrific.

Dora said...

Too funny. I love Peanuts and collect all things Snoopy and Linus. :)

My puppy Simon (he is 13 1/2 years old - yorkie) is just the love of my life and he too sleeps by my hubbys feet. But what I love is when Adam gets outta bed in the am to shower, Simon comes over and snuggles right up against me. We get to snuggle together every am for about 20 minutes. I love it.