Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Another Finished Project...Another Allergy Illness

Last Wednesday night we all piled in the car and headed up to Woods Hole, MA to catch the first ferry to Martha's Vineyard on Thursday morning. The drive was about 5 hours and we ended up staying at the Knightsbridge Inn on the Cape side of the Bourne Bridge - we do NOT recommend it. It was shelter for the night, and a horizontal place to lay our heads for 6 hours or so...other than than, ewww. Peanut was the lucky one who got to sleep in her crate in the car!!

We had a wonderful time on MV with Ken's parents - the boys (and sometimes Nana) went fishing two days and each day meant heading down to Edgartown that night for weigh-in. Papa caught a 34.5 lb Stiped Bass on Friday and boy was it a nice looking fish. When he pulled it out of the cooler everyone in the hut ooohed and ahhhed the fish. It was like being related to a celebrity! Matthew caught two bonito on Saturday and the larger one got him second place in the Junior's category. Not bad for his first derby.

Between fishing trips we were able to get to most of our favorite island places: Humpheries (for Turkey Gobblers, of course); The Black Dog, Cronig's, Edgartown Pizza, O.B., etc. By the time I had time to do some shopping it was Sunday morning and most places (yarn shop and toy store) were closed. Oh well.

Here's a photo of my Cathode, which I finished on the ferry ride back to the mainland on Sunday afternoon (I actually need to sew the clasp in, or figure out what to do with the neck line)...

cathode october 12 2008b

And here are some pictures of Casey with her head out the sunroof when we were waiting for the ferry to dock...

casey october 12 2008a

casey october 12 2008c


The worst part of the trip was dealing with my allergies while we were on the island. Whenever we go there the pollens/trees aggravate me to no end...you would think I would learn my lesson by now. So yesterday morning I got up and went straight to the doctor - and...ta da...I have a sinus infection! I'm on amoxicillian, Allegra-D, Mucinex DM and Tylenol (for the headache). I felt like my head was going to fall off yesterday. Today is a little better. I dragged myself to the office to deal with what's important - and I'll head home when I can't do any more. Allergies are the pits!

No comments: